Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Yesterday

I don't know if you noticed, but I was in a bit of a Mood yesterday.

Over the weekend, Jonathan and I decided to visit Wreck Beach (the nude beach) and I guess God was punishing me for being a pervert, because after hiking up and down the beach stairs, my legs seized up like an old person's bowels when they've run out of Metemucil. I mean, REALLY seized up. I could hardly walk and was hobbling to and fro like some sad hobbling thing.

So, that wasn't helping the Mood.

I'm also getting to that point at work where the people you didn't really know and therefore didn't pay much attention to start to become more than aquaintances... and you realize you hate them. My "Enemies For Life" list has expanded to include:

Fucking FSO...who can't remember my name and frequently insults my fashion choices.

The Potbellied CA...who's nervous tics include whistling Turkey in the Straw incessently and compulsive farting.

Old Yeller...so named because she is A: old and B: afraid of heights. She insists, for reasons known only to her, on a cubicle beside the window. Every time she catches a glimpse of the 13 story drop (every 10 fucking minutes since she sits beside a WINDOW) she shrieks dramatically and has to go "take a break" (see: go for a stroll outside and get a coffee)

Big Fat D... who's job is not to answer the phones, but who is SO CONCERNED about the bloody phones that she spends half her day popping out of her cubicle shrieking "who's answering the phone? Who's answering the phone?!?" I will answer the phone in one Goddamn minute, you old harpy, but give it more than HALF A FUCKING RING!

Redneck Reba... who's down-home happy goodness makes me want to hurl.

These people all contrived to get on my last nerve yesterday, leaving me in a state of painful quivering rage by the time Jonathan had the good fortune to get ahold of me.

THEN, oh THEN the real fun began.

We'd tried to go see Adventureland twice before; First, we got the time wrong and showed up half an hour late. It wasn't a big deal, we thought we'd just come back another day. Easy peasy.
The NEXT time, we double checked the time on the website only to get to the theatre and find out the website hadn't been updated and we were half an hour late... again. Ok, kind of funny this time. Twice in a row? What bad luck! We'd just go back the very next day and finally we'd be on time. In fact, we'd show up half an hour early (6:30) just in case.

So yesterday I was thinking to myself, "sure, this day was balls, but I've got a movie to look forward to!"

All I can say is WHAT KIND OF TIME IS 6:00 TO START A MOVIE?!? We were half an hour late AGAIN. That's fucking bullshit. And it so did NOT improve my Mood.

Anyway... I'm over it now, I think. Mostly anyway. And I'm endeavouring to be light hearted and jovial today.

But seriously, STOP YOUR GOD DAMN WHISTLING, YOU FAT FUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment