Friday, June 5, 2009

Typical Phone Conversation Between Any Caller and Myself

Me: Good Afternoon, Chelsea speaking

Caller: Hello?

Me: Hello?

Caller: Who am I speaking to?

Me: This is Chelsea

Caller: Well, I'm looking for George Tabernacle

Me: Ok I'll transfer...

Caller: Or, who would I speak to about (boring form A).

Me: That would be George Tabernacle. I'll just transfer y...

Caller: I just have a question concerning sections 3 - 6. Does it matter if I fill that out with a hot pink gel pen/sign my name with an X/spilled jam on it/mistook it for toilet paper?

Me: Well, I'm not too sure, but George Tabernacle can answer all your questions so I'll just trans...

Caller: Who is this?

Me: It's still Chelsea

Caller: What's your job title? Why am I speaking to you?

Me: I'm the receptionist. I answer the phones. You called me, I answered, now I am transfering you to George Taberna...

Caller: What? Why did you make me explain all of this to you, if you aren't even going to answer me?

Me: .... I didn't.

Caller: YES YOU DID!

Me: Fine. It was a cruel prank I've played on you to ruin your fucking day. Now if you'll excuse me for ONE MINUTE, I am going to tranfer you to George Tabernacle

*click*

(Head explodes as I realise I have just hung up on this person... and the phone starts to ring agian)

Me: Hello, Chelsea speaki....

Caller: GEORGE TABERNACLE!!! GEORGE TABERNACLE!!! GEOOOORGE TAAABERNAAACLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me: Yes! Ok! Stop screaming for Christ's sake!

Caller: GEORGE!

(Quiet weeping and pulling out of hair)

No comments:

Post a Comment