Thursday, May 28, 2009

Horn Death

Last night, a car horn started honking.

And kept honking

For 2 hours.

Knowing that it wasn't, I nevertheless went out to check that it wasn't my car causing the racket.

As I got outside, I noticed the crazy woman that lives down the hall from us. I often come across her standing just inside the door of the building, staring out the window. Hours later, she will still be there. Jonathan think she is waiting for a lover that jilted her years ago.

I think she's just bored of staring at the wall in her own apartment. I've seen the inside... there are no chairs or furniture. Just boxes... and garbage.

Anyway, I got outside, and there she was, just standing... staring. I smiled at her and said "Just making sure that wasn't my car causing all the racket!"

She looked at me.

"I think is body slumped on wheel. Dead."

"Um... oh? That's... no good"

"Someone kill. Now honking not stop 'til body rot."

....."Ok then! I'll just... go back inside... and.." ...run away...!!

That was a weird and more than likely unfounded thing to say. But still, I couldn't help thinking about it, so I called the police non-emergency number to report it.

They never did send anyone to look into it, but eventually the owner (some blonde slut-factory) came skipping back from wherever, hopped in, and drove away.

Later I saw Old Crazy slink out of the community gardens across the street and steal back inside. She was wearing white gym socks and no shoes.

If I wasn't sure before, I'm sure now... that bitch is NUTS, brotha.

No comments:

Post a Comment